Diary of a Freshman Special Edition

August 21, 2015

Kiennes Adams, Contributor

Back to School Dance

It’s humid and you have sweat everywhere; in your eyes, hair, clothes. You slip on the floors a lot because of the sweat. The music is loud, wanting to be heard from every corner of the cramped cafeteria. Everyone’s dancing, having fun, singing so loud that you can’t hear yourself think.

This is when you think to yourself, “Could it get any better?” The answer you’re looking for is yes, because this is the moment the shirtless boys and dress-code-breaking girls walk into the party. The seniors yell, “This is our house! Seniors! Seniors!” over and over and you see multiple people fall on the sweaty floors.

You’re laughing so hard and thinking that parties like this don’t happen everyday. It’s only so often that you experience such an exotic event. Never in my life have I been to a dance comparable to this one, and as a freshman, I can tell you personally that it was one of the best nights of my life. Everyone was so happy and this attitude rubbed off on me, making me happy to. All I wanted to do was dance until I collapsed.

Some people left early or took a break, including me. The amount of sweat, people, and the temperature of the room made me feel as though I was about to throw up. Although I ended up going home sick, it was worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The 2015 Back to School Dance was a night to live for, a night you WANT to experience and I send my deepest condolences to anyone that did not spend $5 to participate in such an unbelievable occasion.

Read more columns here.