Diary of a Freshman Week 6

September 25, 2015

Homecoming is coming up and every girl ever is talking about their dress. Stores are being bought out because of it.

There’s also a lot of people having to dress up for sports. I’ve heard like 10 people complain each day about how it’s not fair and they don’t see why they have to do it. This is one of the many reasons I don’t play a sport, I don’t do dresses and skirts.

School is getting stressful. Thursday during my English class we had to meet in the Forum so our counselors could talk to us about College. I’ve barely started high school and they’re talking to me about College? Half of the Freshman class doesn’t even know what they want to be when they’re older, including me.

Since everyone is turning 15 and getting permits and jobs, I almost feel obligated to do the same. Honestly, I want to get my permit but I don’t want a job just yet. Time just goes by so fast.

This week went by so fast it’s almost scary. Today is Friday and I woke up this morning thinking it was Tuesday. And that’s another thing, sleep.

I don’t get very good sleep anymore, but I don’t know why. I heard someone say that we spend more time at school than we do sleeping. That’s unhealthy. It’s also scientifically proven that the brain doesn’t start properly functioning until 10 am.

I’m worried I won’t be able to catch up with time and my first year of high school will pass right before my eyes. I hope not.

Read more columns here