Volleyball Looks Forward to Making Playoff Run

Turner Pruitt, Reporter

The Arapahoe Volleyball squad is coming up on the final leg of their very successful season. They’re overall record is currently 15-2, and they are undefeated in the Centennial League in five games. This impressive record has them currently placed second in 5A state and first in the Centennial League. They have accumulated a notable resume of wins against some high caliber opponents, including Cherry Creek, Grandview, and Eaglecrest.

The last few games for the Warriors include matchups against Grandview and Mullen, where Arapahoe looks to continue their winning ways and put themselves in a good spot for the playoffs. Their next opponent, Grandview, who they will face on Tuesday, October 18th, has an overall record of 10-7, including a 4-1 record in the Centennial League, which they share with the Warriors.

If Arapahoe wants to make a run deep into the state tournament, they will need some heavy contribution from seniors Killy Winz and Jayden Liberty, whose success and leadership has helped the team immensely this season. With a talented senior class, and more talent from juniors and sophomores, this could be a fun playoff run. Stay tuned to ArapahoeXtra to keep up with the Warriors Volleyball girls.