Netflix Shows You Might Like

Netflix Shows You Might Like

Taylor Jaeger, Spear Reporter

Now, as I’ve seen, Most people love Netflix. They seem to add new shows quite often or add a new season every year. Here is a list of a few new shows that are coming to Netflix this year.

A series of Unfortunate Events (January 13, 2016)

This new show is inspired by the book series by Lemony Snicket. The series will be focused on three orphaned siblings, Violet, Klaus, and Sunny, who are sent to live with their cousin Count Olaf who schemes to steal their inheritance. When he is no longer taking care of the kids he follows them to each home they go to in different disguises to try and steal their inheritance. A few cast members of the show will be Neil Patrick Harris, Malina Weissman, and Joan Cusack.

Iron Fist (March 17)

The series follows Daniel Rand, also known as Iron fist, as he fights against the criminals of New York city using his ability to strike an enemy with superhuman force and his kung-fu skills. The cast of this show includes Finn Jones, Jessica Henwick, and David Wenham.

Bill Nye Saves the World (April 21, 2017)

In this new show William Sanford Nye, aka Bill Nye the Science Guy, will be hosting an unfiltered talk show that will have new topics every week. The topics will include things such as Vaccinations, Climate change, and genetically altered food. His show will debunk myths and refute anti-scientific claims that get spread by politicians, religious leaders, and important people in the industry.

Dear White People (April 28, 2017)

This will be a 10, thirty-minute episode series that will be based on the indie movie of the shared name. The show will follow a diverse group of students as they try to figure out life at a predominantly white Ivy league school that repeatedly over looks racial tensions. The cast will include Logan Browning, Brandon P. Bell, and John Patrick Amedori.

The Defenders (2017)   

This show will start four marvel characters named Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist who team up to defend New York from a terrible threat. Not much is known about the show as of yet but it already seems to have a big following. The cast will include Krysten Ritter, Charlie Cox, Mike Colter, and Finn Jones.
I hope that at least one of these shows seemed appealing to you, I know that I am excited for these. I hope you enjoy these shows!