What I’ve Learned
March 13, 2017
Filed under Opinions
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Sports are an essential part of our lives as students and as humans. We both hate exercise and love it. Through the sports I have played, I have developed new ways of thinking and new ideals. What can sports teach us?
- Talent is overrated. No one has to be good at something in order to enjoy it. In fact, part of the fun of beginning a new sport is being able to laugh at yourself when you make a mistake.
- With that, it is very important to make fun of yourself and to not take anything too seriously.
- Everything is mind over matter. In order to do really anything at all, you have to convince yourself that you can. You have to shut down the fear of failure.
- Always put yourself out there, even if it scares you.
- Nothing is ever going to not hurt if you are really trying your best. Expect the pain.
- Do everything to the best of your ability so that you do not regret it later.