What Can I do Prior to Senior Year to Get ready for College?
April 19, 2017
Filed under Uncategorized
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
- Begin with the end in mind
- Build your schedule around your end goal
- Challenge yourself in all of your classes
- Join clubs and after school activities
- Get to know your counselor so you feel comfortable to check in often in the upcoming years to make sure you are meeting graduation requirements.
- Attend career fairs and begin to explore career fields of interest
- Pay attention to your grades. Keep in mind that you will be turning in six semesters of grades with your college applications.
- Attend college and career information events
- Research and begin looking into funding for college
- Look into scholarships, grants, and loans
- Reach out to teachers and mentors in your fields of interest
- Consider taking practice tests for the PSAT test
- Take the PSAT. Students are required to take the test in 11th grade to qualify for National Merit scholarships and other like programs.
- Continue attending college fairs and college-prep presentations. Keep in mind that a lot of this information can be found online!
- In the spring, be sure to register for college admission exams such as the SAT and the ACT. It is recommended to take practice tests before the big day!
- Continue to research ways to pay for college
- Write down all of the scholarships you are planning on pursuing
- Mark all scholarships deadlines on your calendar
- Begin to contact colleges to request information and applications