Black and Gold Brings it Home!

Updates on the 2021 Football Season

Anne Hawley, Journalist

The 2021 football season has been going incredibly well this far. The varsity team has scored a total of 178 points over the course of their 6 games and just recently defeated Eaglecrest on Thursday. The freshman team is also preparing for their game against Eaglecrest on Saturday.

We decided to conduct several interviews with various players in order to understand their goals, motivators, and hopes for the sport. First, we talked to freshman Andrew Smart. Smart has been playing for eight years and is currently a wide receiver on the freshman team.

We asked Smart what the best part of competing was, and he told us that it was, “getting the opportunity to improve in a sport that I love, while also creating meaningful bonds.” For Smart, the goal is to become a D1 athlete.

Next, we approached Wyatt Starbuck. Wyatt is a sophomore and is on the JV team. Starbuck claims that “brotherhood is what makes a good sports team.” His goal is to play on the next-level team in the near future.

We also interviewed AJ Adams on the freshman team. Adams said, “my brother motivates me the most in football because I have some big shoes to fill with him being a captain on varsity.” He also said that in the next couple of years he said he would like to “Become an important player on varsity.”

It’s good to see Arapahoe has very determined players dedicated to their sport. We’re excited to see where this season takes us! Go Warriors!