Warrior Volleyball Takes 2nd Place

Becca Garner, Spear Contributor

Arapahoe girl’s volleyball team traveled to Rangeview High School to play in the Rangeview High School tournament. After playing 4 matches, the Warriors took 2nd place.

Bright and early on Halloween morning at 8am, the Warriors took on the Pueblo West Cyclones. With both sets being close, Warriors took both sets 2-0. Warriors won the first set 26-24 and won 25-23 for the second set. Arapahoe advanced to play the George Washington Patriots. Arapahoe swept the Patriots 2-0. Warriors took care of business in the first set with a score of 25-12 and won the second match 25-8. The Warriors took a short break for the semi-final match against the home team, Rangeview Raiders. Arapahoe swept the Raiders to advance to the final match. Warriors won the first set 25-15 and fought to win the second set 26-24.

After three matches, Arapahoe played in the final game against Castleview Sabercats. Warriors came out very strong the first match and won 25-18. After the first set, the Warriors didn’t have enough gas in the tank and the Sabercats took the next two sets to win the championship. Second set ended with a score of 19-25 and third set ended with a score of 11-25. At the end of the day, the Warrior volleyball team had smiles by getting 2nd place.

Next stop got the Arapahoe volleyball team is regionals on Saturday November 7th.