Spirit Squads Cheer Their Teams to Victory

Jillian Johnson, Staff Contributor

After a busy fall of cheering on football and soccer, the Arapahoe spirit teams entered a season that they have been preparing for all year; competition season. Both the Toms and Cheers have headed off their seasons with success and hard work. 

It’s so amazing that after cheering on other teams, those same teams come to support us at our competitions.

— Marissa Martinez

The Arapahoe Cheers started off their competition season at the first competition in Pueblo. The Varsity team was awarded 3rd place and had a very good launch performance for their season. Way to start off strong, Cheers!

Saturday, November 5th, The JV and Varsity Toms teams participated in the USA Competition. With hard work and dedication both teams ended the evening with top scores. The JV team received 1st place in their division and Varsity was named 2nd place. A big congratulations to both teams for their victories

This past week, our Arapahoe Toms and Cheers competed at the Continental League Dance and Cheer Championships. Arapahoe hosted cheer league here are AHS for the first time and it was a huge success! JV received second place and the Varsity team placed 3rd. Way to go Cheers! The dance league competition was hosted at Cherry Creek High School and both JV and Varsity got top 10 places. JV went home with the 6th place victory and Varsity was awarded 3rd. Congratulations Toms!

This past Saturday, November 12th, both Toms teams fought hard at the UDA Regional Championship. JV was awarded and superior trophy and Varsity came out in 3rd place. Both teams are so proud of their performances and their hard work!

The Spirit Squad’s State Championship will be held on December 9th and 10th at the Denver Coliseum! Come out to cheer both teams on and help lead them to victory! WE hope to see you there.