ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

Recent Sports Scores

The Importance of Balancing School and Work

Having a job as a high schooler can be both rewarding and challenging. It provides dough for the next adventure with friends, while also supplying valuable workforce experience. However, it is important to keep a balance between work and school. 

Some of the pros of both holding a job while being educated are teaching important balances, the value of money, and importance of budgeting. It is important for teenagers to learn how to balance their time effectively, but on the flip side of that, can they? The value of money is also incredibly important for younger people to learn about, because if unknown, can lead to overspending.

It is also important for teenagers to gain an understanding of budgeting. Budgeting is important to keep track of where the money you are earning is being redirected.

Some of the cons of having such a busy schedule can include overworking yourself, being fatigued, and a negative attitude towards working. Such feelings can heavily influence how a student does in school, and how they feel about working after their school career is complete.

To conclude, be careful how much time you spend at work! It is a great activity full of important lessons, and leads to a bank account full of fun, but letting it get in the way of your high school career is a risk to your education, and wellbeing.