ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

Recent Sports Scores

One of the Best Softball Seasons in Arapahoe History

Araphaoe Warriors Softball Wrap Up

Arapahoe Varsity Softball team had their third consecutive regional appearance which sets a new school record. Ranked 24th in the state, the softball team worked fiercely, making a name for themselves and turning heads along the way.

The Team had tough competition heading into regionals. They had to face Broomfield High School (19-4) in the first game , Fort Collins High School(13-11)  in the second, and Grandview High school (19-7) in the third and final game. 

With Broomfield being ranked 8th in the state the girls knew they would be in from a challenge. The team was trailing 9-3 all game till the final inning where they gave it everything where they just fell short with a 8-9 loss. 

They then went on to play Fort Collins who was ranked 25th. The game was neck and neck but the Warriors came out on top with a 15-11 win. Including three home runs from Bella Knox and two from Lakyn Wilkinson.

In the final state qualifying game the Warriors had to face 18th ranked, Grandview. The warriors left everything on the field but came up short with a 11-4 loss to end their season. 

The Softball team surpassed all expectations and had an amazing season. Their determination and effort led the girls to achieve many team records such as 51 stolen bases as well as personal records where Lakyn Wilkinson set a school record of 47 runs in a single season. Layken concluded a remarkable Junior season and became the first Arapahoe player to be awarded Chassa 1st team All-State award. Senior Izzie Caranna had some thoughts on her 4th and final season, “People had very low expectations of us and we exceeded them substantially, even my own. My senior season was such an amazing experience and I wouldn’t change it for the world.”

The softball team who was initially underestimated, defined all odds. They rose to the challenge, showcasing their talent and hard work. Their determination and teamwork led them to an impressive 13 win season and become a regional qualifying team.