ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

Recent Sports Scores

Arapahoe Warriors vs. Grandview Wolves – Girls Basketball Recap

Recap: Arapahoe Warriors vs. Grandview Wolves
AHS vs. GHS – Game Highlights

On Friday, January 19th, the Arapahoe Warriors Girls Basketball team faced the Grandview Wolves in a battle between two of the state’s top teams. Arapahoe fell to Grandview 55-49. Arapahoe was given a dose of their own medicine in this game as Grandview apparently hadn’t forgotten their loss the last time these teams played back in February of last year.

Grandview’s Sienna Betts was her usual excellent self, dropping a double-double on 24 points and 11 rebounds for the Wolves. That makes it three consecutive games in which Betts has scored at least a third of Grandview’s points. Maya Smith was another key contributor for Grandview, scoring ten points along with four steals.

This is the second loss in a row for Arapahoe and nudges their season record down to 8-6. As for Grandview, they have been performing well recently as they’ve won four of their last five games, which provided a nice bump to their 7-7 record this season.

Both squads will have to hit the road in their upcoming games. Arapahoe will face off against Smoky Hill at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday. Grandview will be staying on the road on Thursday to face off against Mullen at 5:30 p.m. on January 25th.