ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

Recent Sports Scores

Warrior Week Wishes

Photos+from+Alyson+and+her+family.+Credits+to+Make+-+A+-+Wish.+
Photos from Alyson and her family. Credits to Make – A – Wish.

The most exciting events of the third quarter were in full swing this week. The events in Warrior Week. From dining nights to the carnival, there were events for everyone to enjoy. 

Although Warrior Week did not start as expected with the Snow Day on the Friday of the assembly, the excitement is still there. When we asked the Student Council Representative, Mrs. Cronin said they had decided to move the assembly to April 5th so Alyson and her family could attend. 

The Student Council and the Warrior Week staff have also decided to postpone the Dodgeball Tournament. They have moved it to April 3rd; additionally, they lowered the number of members needed on a team to only six players. The organizers are hopeful to get a lot more teams and participation this way. The Activities Director, Mrs. Kuhlmann, stated the reasons for switching the Dodgeball Tournament are, “Number One: to get more kids involved, and Number Two: Alyson, the little girl we are supporting, is out of town this week for her Spring Break and since we already moved the Assembly due to the snow days. We thought why not let Alyson and her family be involved in the game.”

Photos from Alyson and her family.

The week started off strong on Monday with Surf or Snow day for dress – up spirit. It was also a Chick – fil – A dining night along with students got to play rubber duck toss during both lunches. Many students also bought Alyson’s T – shirt to help show their support. 

On Tuesday it was also very electric in the air. The theme for Tuesday was pajamas and a stuffed animal. When they were selling T – shirts  during lunch they also hosted Harry Potter Trivia, one of Alyson’s favorite series. The day ended off with a food fundraiser at Black Jack Pizza. 

Wednesday was also a very fun day for Warriors. Not only was it Sports and Jersey day but it was also the night of the Staff vs. Senior Basketball game. Which side did you root for? They also had not one, but two food places to eat at. People visited Modern Market Eatery or the Varsity Inn for a portion of the proceeds to go to Alyson and hopefully other kids wanting wishes. 

Thursday was extremely lively. The dress up day was Country vs. Country Club, an easy one to participate in. It was also the day of the carnival where there was food, fun, games, and more. If some couldn’t make it to the carnival, they tried to buy some cookies from Twisted Sugar to otherwise support. 

Finally, ending the week off strong was Friday. The spirit theme is Black and Gold but also Anything but a Backpack Day. Zell’s has also offered to support AHS from 7 am to 7 pm.

Photos from Alyson and her family.

Wish Week is one of the most exciting times of the school year so make sure to get involved. You don’t even have to give monetary donations, even just dressing up shows your support. Make sure to have fun and try to raise money so Alyson can get her wish to meet the U.S. Women’s Olympic Gymnastics Team, and other kids in the Make – A – Wish program can get some wishes.