ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

Recent Sports Scores

The Best Part of the Holiday Season: Gifts!!

For many people, the best part of the holiday season is giving and getting gifts so let’s look at what Arapahoe students want for the holiday season.
Image credits of Pixabay.com

The holiday season is beginning, and you know what that means, gifts and celebrations! Each person has unique gift ideas in what they like to give and receive. Take a deep dive into what the students at Arapahoe High School want this year for the 2023 holiday season and get some tips for what to give!

For many people the kind of gift they like the most is clothing. According to the Winter Holiday Traditions & Gifts survey sent to the Arapahoe student body by the Warrior Media Staff on December 8, 2023, 25% prefer that as their favorite type of gift to receive. Clothing is such an easy gift to give because it has a wide range of prices for everyone and if the person you gave it to does not like it, they can just exchange it for something else! 

If you don’t want to take a risk by getting clothes, get your loved ones a gift card. Nearly 18.3% of the survey takers chose that as their number one gift. Gift cards hold so much versatility through either straight up money or getting them a card for their favorite stores. They are so easy to find anywhere and who doesn’t want a little extra cash. They add a personal touch that makes a gift more special than just giving a person cash. 

Image credits to Pixabay.com

Although the results were nearly split in half, the side favoring meaningful gifts won with a whopping 52.4% liking those gifts more. Meaningful gifts add a special connection with the person. When you think of your favorite gifts from someone many people think of personalized meaningful gifts. We were lucky to have many Arapahoe students feel comfortable enough to share some of their most meaningful gifts with us. 

According to Anna Ridge, 9, “I received a necklace from my grandpa after he passed. I got it for my 15th birthday and it came with a note in it and it means so much to me.” This meaningful gift will always hold a special place in Ridge’s heart especially near the holiday season. 

Although many people love meaningful gifts, some people think gag gifts are just as fun as meaningful ones. 

Carlos Dixon, 12, chose that he prefers both. His reasoning for this was that they are “Funny and emotional.” Despite the controversy of this idea, he is set on liking both gag and meaningful gifts. 

The idea of gifts changes based on the person and there is not a one size fits all for these types of things. This is just like holiday traditions which change for every single person who chooses to celebrate, or not celebrate, the holidays. 

Although we love gifts, we cannot dismiss the other aspects that come with the holiday season. The feelings of love, joy, gratitude, and nostalgia are found in so many families throughout the world during this special time of year. We all become connected in so many ways which is the true meaning of the holiday season.

Image credits to Pixabay.com