ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

Recent Sports Scores

Discussing The Met Gala

With some biased opinions

Since the Met Gala 2024 theme has been released, we’ve heard mixed reviews on the theme and whether or not celebrities will follow it unlike last year, where multiple celebrities went off theme. The theme for this year is Sleeping Beauty: Reawakening fashion but can also be called Garden of Time.  All of us are excited to see what designers come up with and what pieces they bring out of retirement to walk the runway once again. 

Some celebrities like Blake Lively are notoriously known for always giving it their all and there are others who we won’t name that miss the mark and don’t understand the theme of the Met Gala. The Met Gala is supposed to inspire creativity and give people a chance to show their fashion knowledge. It’s also supposed to bring out old fashion pieces that are known as the archives to prove that they are just as popular as they once were. 

Last year, there was a  theme dedicated to the designer Karl Lagerfeld who recently passed away. Many of Chanel’s vintage pieces made an appearance on celebrities like Dua Lipa and Margot Robbie and proved that Chanel truly is timeless. Fendi also made and appearance in this years red carpet but did not steal the show like Chanel. 

There’s always talk about which celebrities are going to come and who won’t which leave some devoted fans disappointed. Here are some celebrities that we think are going to come and bring their A game. We’re hoping that the Kardashian/ Jenner sisters are able to redeem themselves after the feedback they got on last year’s looks. More people that may not come but we thought it would be Zendaya. All of the Gala’s she has come to and we hope she surprises us by coming this year.

While we can’t predict what will happen this year, we hope that people will learn from all of the previous years of feedback that others have gotten and will listen to the theme especially since this years theme has so much potential. If you enjoyed this short article, let us know and we will check back in when the met gala has happened.  Thanks for reading and we will see you soon!