ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

ArapahoeXtra

Recent Sports Scores

On Wednesdays We Wear Black and Gold!

With Spring right around the corner, Arapahoe High School Theatre’s spring musical, Mean Girls, takes the stage in just under 3 weeks! 

Arapahoe’s thespians have been working long and hard at rehearsals for months preparing to perform for the school on March 14th, 15th, and 16th at 7pm. Every weekday, our thespians rehearse from 3:45 to 6 and, up until this weekend, had been rehearsing on Saturday’s as well to get in as much practice as possible. 

We asked cast member Jenna Illawy, 9, about her experience in Arapahoe’s theater program so far. “This is my 2nd production with Arapahoe theater this year. I was in Romeo & Juliet this past fall and now Mean Girls. I love the environment of our theatre and the wonderful friendships I have formed through the program!”

To get a different perspective, we interviewed Mrs. Moritz, an English teacher here at Arapahoe as well as part of the production team for Arapahoe’s theater. When asked to describe Arapahoe’s theater program, she said “it is a place where everyone has a place. If you’re not on stage, you can be on tech. If you’re not on tech, you can be part of set design.”

We also asked her to try and describe the Arapahoe theater program as a whole in 3 words and she told us, “It’s so hard to think of only 3 to describe the wonderful atmosphere but the initial things I thought of were accepting, talented, and loads of fun!”

Additionally, she told us that, being an English teacher, she loved the fall play, Romeo & Juliet. However, Mean Girls is a phenomenal show. “The amount of talent that we are showing is off the charts, sometimes I will be sitting in the dressing room listening to the cast sing and I’m truly blown away.” 

There is no doubt that Mean Girls is going to be a can’t-miss show. Tickets can be purchased on the website, bit.ly/ahstheatre for $12 each. Lots of information is also provided in case you have other questions. 

Additionally, when the musical closes and you’re wanting to see more of the talented Mean Girls cast, make sure to see the advanced acting classes’ performances! The CE Acting Showcase will perform on Wednesday, April 10, 2024 and the CE Theatrical Production Showcase will perform Wednesday, April 17, 2024.

We can’t wait to see you there! It’ll be fetch!