Keeping an open mind

Elijah Horn, Reporter

Have you ever wondered what you’ll do after high school?

Well I have, and I am personally terrified of the amount of opportunities and choices that I have to make not only this year, but in the last few months that could potentially be life changing.

As we get closer to graduation, time is starting to run out for all of us- but don’t stress too much about it. This is such a good time for all of us to make those huge career decisions because we have more time to change them.

It’s ok to stray from your intended path at any time, and it’s better to do so sooner than later so you can really enjoy your career. 

Personally, I try not to stress too much about it. I understand the options that I have in front of me whether it’s public college, community college, trade school, work force, the military…  Even if all of those options go down the drain, I can always find other careers paths that interest me.

I think it’s always best that you step out of your comfort zone and try new positions. It’s also important that you meet new people that are also in different career fields so you can get a grasp on what different careers have to offer.

I don’t have my mind stuck on one career. I always keep an open mind to other options that could be available to me. Keeping an open mind makes life so much easier and relaxing knowing that I am not tied to one path.