ArapahoeXtra

Speculations From Rogue Journalists

On Dec 16, the latest installment in the Star Wars franchise, Rogue One, will be unveiled to diehard and casual fans alike. Former Godzilla director Gareth Edwards, known for his meticulously planned shots and keen attention to scope and scale, leads the charge on this anthology film. Although this film is technically the 8th film to be produced in the series, the actual story takes place between Episodes III and IV, and has no relation (that we know of) to the recent smash hit, The Force Awakens. Although this may seem misleading to casual fans, who think they are seeing a continuation of the story of Rey and Kylo Ren, the marketing department has done a very good job to distinguish the film. Viewers will learn how the Death Star was built, and how the plans were stolen by a team of rebels to kick off the events. That team being, Rogue One.

It has also been speculated that Rogue One may have a connection to Disney’s hit cartoon show Star Wars: Rebels. The fans have noticed an easter egg within one of Rogue One’s trailers. This contains the familiar ship called the “Ghost” which the characters use to journey through the galaxy. Also actor Forest Whitaker will be playing a character from the Rebels show known as Saw Gerrera, who is an important resistance fighter.

A significant reason that this film is bringing so much attention is because of it’s all star cast including Felicity Jones, Forest Whitaker, Mads Mikkelsen, and Diego Luna. Not only is the cast drawing in crowds but also the return of a fan favorite character, and the most infamous villain in cinema history… Darth Vader. James Earl Jones will reprise his role to bring back the villainous voice of Darth Vader.

The film so far has brought high praise for it and even has reports that George Lucas, the creator of the Star Wars universe, likes Rogue One more than he liked The Force Awakens.

Rogue One will release on December 16 in the United States and will be available at just about every theater.

Have your own thoughts and speculations? Be sure to give us your ideas in the comments below.

About the Writers
Jake Reed, Spear CEO

Jake is a senior at Arapahoe who runs Cross Country and is a co-CEO of Spear Broadcasting. In his free time, he enjoys watching sports, going skiing, and...

Zak DeBaggis, C.E.O/Executive Producer

Zak DeBaggis is a senior at Arapahoe High School. He is the C.E.O of the SPEAR. This is Zak's fourth and final year with the SPEAR. Zak has an extensive...

Rees LaBree, SPEAR Contributor

Rees LaBree is a senior at Arapahoe High School writing and serving as the CEO for the Spear. Beyond his involvement with the Spear, Rees runs for the...

Drew Carlson, Broadcaster & Columnist

As a senior at Arapahoe, this is Drew's second year on the Spear staff. Drew loves showing support for all school activities and athletics, and Arapahoe...

Jack Adamson, SPEAR Contributor

Jack Adamson is a sophomore at Arapahoe High School. He enjoys playing tennis, basketball, and frisbee. Outside of school he likes to ski, snowboard, golf,...