ArapahoeXtra

Broncos vs. Patriots Preview

Zach Goodman, Brandon Dryer, and Connor Desch

This matchup, once highlighted by Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, is now featured by an unstoppable force(Patriot’s Offense) running into an immovable object (Bronco’s Defense). This game is an incredible important game for both sides.

For the Patriots this game is vital because they are vying for the first seed in the AFC. They own a one game lead for the spot over the Bronco’s division rivals Chiefs and Raiders. If the Patriots could have home field advantage in the playoffs they would be the team to beat in the AFC.

This game is a must win for the Bronco’s. If the playoffs started today the Broncos would have control of the 2nd and final Wild Card playoff spot. They are battling the Miami Dolphins for that spot. The Broncos seemingly need to win out though as they play a very tough schedule vs the best three AFC teams. (Patriots, Chiefs, and Raiders). The Dolphins on the other hand play an easier schedule in the Jets, Bills, and Patriots. Sunday’s game is the most important of the year so far for Denver.

This matchup is set up to be one to remember. With both team’s season on the line the game should be hard fought and come down to the wire. With the weather forecasted to be below freezing the game is set to be a classic December football game and maybe a preview for a future playoff matchup.

Predictions:  Connor Desch: Broncos win- 24-17.  Zach Goodman: Patriots win- 20-13. Brandon Dryer: Broncos win- 17-13.

About the Writers
Zach Goodman, Author
Zach is a Junior at Arapahoe and is in his second year in the SPEAR. He plays baseball and tennis for Arapahoe. Zach is an avid fan of the Colorado Rockies and Colorado Avalanche. Zach is also a huge fantasy football fan. Zach is also very excited to start looking for colleges and would love...
Brandon Dryer, Spear
Brandon Dryer is a junior at Arapahoe High School. This is his first year on the Spear team. He has played played baseball his first two years of high school and plans to continue his baseball career. His favorite sports teams are the Denver Broncos, Colorado Rockies, and the Boston Red Sox. He also likes...