Get in the Know for Getting Back to School

With the first day of school approaching, there is important information for parents and students to know to be prepared.

Vivianna DeNittis

More stories from Vivianna DeNittis

Makan My Way Downtown
September 30, 2017

Summer is quietly coming to an end. The long pool days are fading away, as the drab weather brings the new school year in with it. While the last days of freedom should be savored, they should also be spent ensuring the impending year will be successful from the start.

Schedule Pickup and Picture Day

Schedule pickup day is August 9. Sophomores and seniors are scheduled for pictures and pickup from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM, while freshmen and juniors should show up from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM. If students cannot attend the sessions on August 9, they may attend the make up session on August 15 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. If students and parents would like to bypass the fees lines, they must at least pay the $5 fee for a student I.D.. Students or parents must pay for their I.D. before they can receive it.

Fee Payment and Parking Passes

That fee, along with others, can be paid either on littleton.revtrak.net or at the school with the bookkeeper. All credit card payments must be paid online. Online transactions will include a $2 convenience fee. The bookkeeper can only take cash or check for payment. Additional information about fees can be found in the Bookkeeper’s Corner.

Juniors and seniors should know that parking passes are selling quickly and there are only few left. Passes are not given based on seniority (sorry, seniors), but sold on first come first serve basis. If passes sell out before a student can purchase one, they will be placed on a wait list. Students or parents can purchase passes for $50; they can be paid for like all other fees.

Freshman and New Student Information

Freshmen and new students must attend Link Crew Orientation on the first day of school, August 17. Students will meet fellow peers, Link Crew Leaders, who will welcome them to their first year at Arapahoe. The orientation will include a tour of the school, games and much more. Freshmen and new students will also receive their schedules today. It will start at 7:00 AM and lunch is provided for the students who attend.

Freshmen can attend an optional Summer Warrior Orientation on Monday, August 14 from 7:30 AM to 12:00 PM. The orientation offers freshmen some piece of mind by organizing sessions about homework tips, organizational skills, self advocacy and much more. There is also a student-led panel with student leaders for freshmen to ask any questions they may have. The orientation costs $15. More information can be found here.

Though many students dread thinking about school while trying to milk the most out of the last days of summer, they can set up themselves for success for the year with less than a day’s worth of errands. Students and parents can learn more about how to start the year off right in the August Drum Beat letter.

Edit: 8/8/17

Freshmen will also pick up their schedules on schedule pick up/picture day, as opposed to recieving it during Link Crew Orientation. They are expected to remember to bring it for the first day of school.