ArapahoeXtra

Arapahoe vs. Rock Canyon (Week One)

Arapahoe+players+recover+a+muffed+punt+from+Rock+Canyon%2C+setting+up+a+touchdown+in+the+2nd+quarter+on+Sept.+1.+The+Warriors+ultimately+won+10-5.+
Arapahoe players recover a muffed punt from Rock Canyon, setting up a touchdown in the 2nd quarter on Sept. 1. The Warriors ultimately won 10-5.

Lauren Mabry

Lauren Mabry

Zach Goodman and Chase Meili

Football Season is here! The Warriors open up their season against the Jaguars of Rock Canyon. The excitement is building up as both teams are excited to start their 2017 campaigns.

The Warriors are looking to build off a 5-5 season last year. They did not play up to expectations last year. They hope to change that as expectations are sky high for the Warriors this year. They have a preseason rank of #10. They will be led by a new quarterback this year as they sent graduated senior Connor Desch to Western. Kevin Lukasiewicz will take over that position. Captain Alex Smith will lead the defense at Safety and also take some snaps at Running Back. Watch out for Tight End Jake Groth as he will be the Warriors number 1 threat on Offense. Senior, and Air Force commit, Blake Carette will lead the Warriors Offensive Line. Arapahoe feels that if they can stay healthy then they can compete for a title this year. Let’s see if they live up to the hype.

The Rock Canyon Jaguars are looking to improve upon a disappointing season finishing with a 3-7 record.  Junior Adam Mullen takes the reigns as the starting Quarterback after splitting time with a senior last season.  Leading the offense, Captain Duke Avery, looks to add to his nearly 1000 rushing yards he totaled last season.  Duke could play a huge factor if the Jags were to have a chance in this game.  

This game is a rematch of last years season opener when Arapahoe defeated Rock Canyon by a weird score of 10-5. Rock Canyon will be looking for revenge when they take the field against Arapahoe at 1:00 at Echo Stadium.

About the Writer
Zach Goodman, Author
Zach is a Junior at Arapahoe and is in his second year in the SPEAR. He plays baseball and tennis for Arapahoe. Zach is an avid fan of the Colorado Rockies and Colorado Avalanche. Zach is also a huge fantasy football fan. Zach is also very excited to start looking for colleges and would love...