Girls Softball Hosts First Home Game in 15 Years

Grace Cadorette, Journalist

When and Where: Arapahoe Girls Softball hosted the Thunderridge Grizzlies for their first ever home game at the newly refurbished softball field. The game took place at 4 o’clock on Wednesday afternoon at Arapahoe High School.

What Happened: Everyone was excited from the beginning as the Warriors softball team played music and pumped up the crowd with a team dance but all got down to business as the the game began. With a rocky start, the Warriors gave up a run first inning which would turn into seven by the end of the game resulting in a 7-2 loss. Despite the shaky pitching, Katie Maney had two much-needed centerfield catches to close out the second and third innings. Michelle Salazar also grasped an out at the end of the third and Keely Holt in sixth. With Kayla Huskey shouting positivity throughout the game Arapahoe finally made it onto the scoreboard in the bottom of the sixth by Keely Holt off of Mia Glover’s hit to right field.

Did you see that: To officially start the first softball game on the new field, Mr. McCabe threw the first pitch as the athletic director. Parents, players, and fans cheered to commemorate the hard work and effort that went into building the field.

Those who showed up: Fans who showed up for the game were entertained by the softball team’s choreographed dance before the game and also received free Anthony’s pizza from the softball team as a thank you for the support.

Up Next: The 2-2 Arapahoe Warriors play the 2-0 Rampart Rams at 11 am on Saturday, August 25 at Rampart High School.